Tuesday, May 31, 2011

J09

My group for A05 was:
Scott Scherpenberg
Justin Rodgers
Shannon Catron

We designed the EcoStat for Coleman, a monitoring system for energy usage in houses and apartments.

I think we worked very cohesively as a group. We all contributed different parts to the Final Project. Scott worked in Illustrator, Justin worked in PhotoShop and Illustrator, and Shannon worked in a 3D program that I am not familiar with. At the beginning though, we all worked to formulate the idea of our EColeman design. Scott really put a lot of effort into the research of similar existing products intitally and that is what really allowed us to take off. Scott was definitely the leader of our group as he did a majority of the design and organized us into a Facebook group to coordinate times.

The final product looked really awesome. I was proud of myself because I successfully learned how to work Prezi during those two weeks, and although it is not a very difficult program, I think it will be really useful in my Business classes in the coming years. I was in charge of putting the project together into a coherent format, which is one of my specialties so I liked my role. Our graphics were one of the best in the class which is why I think our final product was so successful.

The design of the actual product was visually appealing and we had done enough research to back it up that it was actually a feasible product for Coleman. I also think we addressed the needs of the users as well as the client through our research of the company.

Here are some of the work we created:

Our Final Product! Made by Scott Scherpenberg
Awesome screen shots and I like how we incorporated Coleman software into preexisting products



The two logos created by Justin Rodgers
Ecostat is the product we created and Ecoleman is the line

I really liked this project because we finally got to design something ourselves and we all brought our creative abilities to the table. Ours turned out extremely well and we all clearly enjoyed working on it.



No comments:

Post a Comment